Sunday, January 29, 2006

Move Over, Michelle Kwan

So there I was... putting on ice skates for the first time. Not sure what (or for that sakes why) the hell I was doing. For those who don't know, I was born in Miami and raised in PR. The only ice I ever saw was resting peacefully in my Jack & Coke. Once I got my way (after the necessary prayers and notification of my next of kin) to the rink, I realized that this was going to hurt. A lot.
Surprisingly, I did pretty well. It is very similar to roller blading which I enjoyed doing in my youth, of course with the major difference that people are skating (and falling) around you at incredible speeds with no sense of control.
Speaking of falling, I did take a spill. Face first, into the ice. Ice is hard. Very hard. Since no pictures exist of my falling adventure, here is one where I managed to remain vertical. I'll go back soon, once that nice bruise on my knee gets better.


No comments: